[Haskell-cafe] Injective type families for GHC

Roman Cheplyaka roma at ro-che.info
Mon Feb 9 19:10:58 UTC 2015

Huh, that's a tough question! I've certainly run into the
non-injectivity issue quite a few times, but it's hard to remember a
single specific case.

You may want to look at the uses of data families. In my experience, a
programmer would often (almost always?) prefer a type family, but has to
resort to a data family when s/he runs into non-injectivity.

Is your design described anywhere?