[Haskell-cafe] Q: language-c upstream repo

Ivan Zakharyaschev imz at altlinux.org
Sun Dec 20 15:32:46 UTC 2015

Hello!

I've been interested in hacking language-c library a bit for my needs. (If
it turns out useful and successful, I'll tell about it.)

And I've cloned the repo listed at
https://hackage.haskell.org/package/language-c-0.4.7 , namely:
http://code.haskell.org/language-c

Apart from my special hacks, I've also fixed some typos and so on.

But then I discovered that if I want to publish them on hub.darcs.net , I
need a darcs-2 repo, and the initial one which I used for cloning is
a darcs-1 repo.

I could do the conversion to darcs-2, but I read that it is not
reproducible: run several times on the same set of patches it will give
different results.

As I've discovered also a language-c repo at hub.darcs.net which looks
like an upstream repo: http://hub.darcs.net/visq/language-c , I'm in doubt
whether I should continue making my patches against the darcs-1 repo which
is said to be upstream at hackage or against
http://hub.darcs.net/visq/language-c whichis not officially declared as
the upstream but looks more fresh.

..if I want to be able to send some of my patches upstream.

Best regards,
Ivan