[Haskell-cafe] Canned routines for the first say thousand digits of pi, e, sqrt 2, etc?

Jerzy Karczmarczuk jerzy.karczmarczuk at unicaen.fr
Fri Dec 18 00:28:05 UTC 2015

Le 18/12/2015 00:45, Jeffrey Brown badly needs :
> the first thousand or so digits of irrational numbers? In base 12?

Well, I wonder why not in base 314159? It would be much more Mystical,
and making Music out of it would not be more lousy than in any other base.
Anyway...

Conversion from one base to another of an integer is a simple student
exercise. But of a fraction, perhaps infinite, requires more work. I did
it some centuries ago,  if you want some co-recursive fun, find my Braga
School participant delirium: "The most Unreliable Technique in the World
to Compute Pi", still somewhere among my files (
https://karczmarczuk.users.greyc.fr/arpap/lazypi.pdf ).  I never thought
I would recommend it to anybody...

Now, I would not call my exercice a "canned routine"...

Jerzy Karczmarczuk
/Caen [don't pronounce it "canned", please!], France/