[Haskell-cafe] Why Haskell is beautiful to the novice

Silvio Frischknecht silvio.frischi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 20:32:55 UTC 2015

Nice comparison indeed.

> They would leak space if you didn’t know you had to use `xrange`
> instead of `range`.

I might have run into that as well. I don't really know Python that
well. It is a problem I never came across in any imperative languages,
so I foolishly assumed it wouldn't happen in Python either. But as you
said they seem to have fixed it. Still, I would think the python space
leak is relatively easy to spot and explain. Esp. when compared to
tail-recursion modulo Constructors.

Silvio