[Haskell-cafe] Why Haskell is beautiful to the novice

Benno Fünfstück benno.fuenfstueck at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 10:09:47 UTC 2015

In my opinion, the focus on beauty of the language is simply inappropriate
for a teaching language. An experienced programmer or mathematician might
enjoy transforming a ten line function into a simple one with only one
line, but I think for many students, it won't be so interesting to
transform one working program into a nicer one. Not all people see
simplicity of math as a beautiful thing, for them a simpler formula is not
much more interesting than an equal more complicated one. I believe that
you need some experience to appreciate simplicity and elegance.

Just my two cents,
Benno

Nicola Gigante <nicola.gigante at gmail.com> schrieb am Sa., 29. Aug. 2015
11:49: