[Haskell-cafe] an idea for modifiyng data/newtype syntax: use `::=` instead of `=`

htebalaka goodingm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 04:57:45 UTC 2015

It sort of should I think. In Idris I believe closed type families just use
regular function syntax, can be declared inside of let-bindings, have type
signatures themselves, and otherwise syntactically behave just like the
value level equivalents. I'm hoping at some point goldfire's dependent
Haskell work will eventually lead to the same in Haskell, though I know from
his comments on reddit that this is very far off from being a reality.

Daniel Trstenjak-2 wrote