[Haskell-cafe] an idea for modifiyng data/newtype syntax: use `::=` instead of `=`

Kosyrev Serge _deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru
Tue Aug 18 08:13:59 UTC 2015

"Richard A. O'Keefe" <ok at cs.otago.ac.nz> writes:
> But we have what we have, and it certainly isn't *more*
> confusing than F# or Clean.  If this is the worst problem
> beginners have, Haskell must be in wonderful shape.

This isn't supposed to be a contest of any sort, in my mind,
but rather an attempt to improve things, in absolute terms.

The way you dissected the type/newtype/data trinity.. I must say I like it best.

The distinction between 'type' and 'newtype' really ought to be underscored,
and in this context 'data' is what stands out, indeed.

--
с уважениeм / respectfully,
Косырев Серёга