[Haskell-cafe] Haskell hacking internships at Los Alamos National Laboratory (Spring 2016, undergraduate)

Kei Davis kei at lanl.gov
Thu Aug 27 19:32:45 UTC 2015

Hello,

We have an ongoing project developing an auto-parallelizing pure
functional language implementation based loosely on Haskell/STG.

If you are a United States citizen or permanent resident alien studying
computer science or mathematics at the undergraduate level with strong
interests in Haskell programming, compiler/runtime development, and
pursuing a spring semester (2016) internship at a national laboratory
this could be for you.

We don't expect applicants to necessarily already be highly accomplished
Haskell programmers--such an internship is expected to be a combination
of (further) developing your programming/Haskell skills and putting them
to good use.  If you're already a strong C hacker we could use that too.

The application process for spring semester internships is open here
http://science.energy.gov/wdts/suli/.  Note the deadline of Oct. 9.

Email me if interested, and feel free to pass this along.

--
Kei Davis
Applied Computer Science Group CCS-7, Mail Stop B287