[Haskell-cafe] Elementary math question: primality test for huge numbers

Christopher Howard ch.howard at zoho.com
Mon Aug 24 05:34:42 UTC 2015

Hi. I was working through a math chapter explaining the RSA algorithm,
and I was implementing it in Haskell for learning sake. However, the
chapter does not explain how you efficiently pick the two prime
numbers. I scanned through the WP page on primality tests but it was
somewhat overwhelming. What would be the standard primality test for
this sort of application, and is it already built in to Base somewhere?

--
Biblical creationism: http://tinyurl.com/qfyeg4a
Free Bible software: http://xiphos.org