[Haskell-cafe] Location Of Prelude.hs

debdutk at gnulinuxed.tk debdutk at gnulinuxed.tk
Wed Aug 12 17:13:59 UTC 2015

at 12:54 PM, <debdutk at gnulinuxed.tk> wrote:

>> I was reading the book
"The Haskell Road to Logic, Math and Programming" and it refers to
/usr/lib/hugs/libraries/Hugs/ as the probable location for Prelude.hs. I
am currently using Elementary OS Luna (based of Ubuntu 12.04) and could
not file the file at the specified location. Can anyone please tell me
where to find it?

> Hugs is obsolete and unmaintained, so you are
unlikely to find that anywhere.

> ghc compiles, where Hugs is an
interpreter, so it does not come with Prelude source.

> The API
documentation gives me a link to
http://lambda.haskell.org/platform/doc/current/ghc-doc/libraries/haskell2010-1.1.1.0/src/Prelude.html
[1] (syntax-highlighted source). Beyond that you'd need to get the
source to ghc; note that there will be three different Prelude sources
(haskell98 standard, haskell2010 standard, and ghc's default behavior)
and that all three are largely built from parts imported from elsewhere.

allbery.b at gmail.com ballbery at sinenomine.net
> unix, openafs, kerberos,
infrastructure, xmonad http://sinenomine.net [2]

Thanks for that. But I
think that HUGS also has a Prelude.hs . After doing a bit of searching,
I found it and posting it for reference :

Prelude.hs is found in
/USR/LIB/HUGS/PACKAGES/BASE/PRELUDE.HS for ubuntu and debian based
distros.

Yours Truly, Debdut Karmakar

Links:
------