[Haskell-cafe] dependent types, singleton types....

Carl Eyeinsky eyeinsky9 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 18:54:47 UTC 2015

As Richard said, you don't need much of cabal for dependent types. BUT, a
scenario that has worked for me is: install ghc and cabal-install from your
package manager, update cabal-install via cabal ("cabal install
cabal-install"), and install all else in a sandbox. Works predictably if
something fails as you can just wipe the sandbox.

Here is something to refer to if one wishes to go deeper :)
http://www.vex.net/~trebla/haskell/sicp.xhtml

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 4:42 PM, Richard Eisenberg <eir at cis.upenn.edu>
wrote:

> On Apr 29, 2015, at 8:54 AM, "Nicholls, Mark" <nicholls.mark at vimn.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Accchhhh
> >
> > Thats another level of pain
>
> It is, unfortunately.
>
> > , i'm not a big haskeller so i'll have to wrestle with it to get all the
> knobs and dials working, leave it with me for the moment and i'll start
> wrestling with cabal
>
> You won't need cabal and such. Just say `data family Sing (a :: k)` in
> your file and you'll have the definition. There's really nothing more to it
> than that!
>
> Richard

Carl Eyeinsky