[Haskell-cafe] Timeout on pure code

Kostiantyn Rybnikov k-bx at k-bx.com
Fri Apr 24 19:25:54 UTC 2015

An update for everyone interested (and not). Turned out it's neither GHC
RTS, Snap or networking issues, it's hslogger being very slow. I thought
it's slow when used concurrently, but just did a test when it writes 2000
5kb messages sequentially and that finishes in 111 seconds (while minimal
program that writes same 2000 messages finishes in 0.12s).

I hope I'll have a chance to investigate why hslogger is so slow in future,
but meanwhile will just remove logging.