[Haskell-cafe] Timeout on pure code

Gregory Collins greg at gregorycollins.net
Wed Apr 22 20:09:33 UTC 2015

Maybe but it would be helpful to rule the scenario out. Johan's ekg library
is also useful, it exports a webserver on a different port that you can use
to track metrics like gc times, etc.

Other options for further debugging include gathering strace logs from the
binary. You'll have to do some data gathering to narrow down the cause
unfortunately -- http client? your code? Snap server? GHC event manager
(System.timeout is implemented here)? GC? etc