[Haskell-cafe] [Haskell] Help wanted with Wiki.Haskell.Org

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Tue Apr 21 09:53:07 UTC 2015

On Tue, 21 Apr 2015, Yitzchak Gale wrote:

>> 2) Technical and design oversight
>
> We should focus that effort on migrating the wiki to a
> modern markdown-based wiki, such as a github wiki,
> not on legacy MedaWiki administration.

I'd much prefer to have a gitit/pandoc/markdown Wiki were I can pull the
whole wiki and manipulate it offline. On the other hand we already had a
lot of conversions, from the first wiki (what was its name?) to hawiki to
haskellwiki. Each time making a lot of content obsolete and it was no fun
for me to update each article via the web form. Somewhen in the past
MediaWiki for haskellwiki was updated which formatted the markup
differently (e.g. linebreaks after inline code). Maybe even these changes
were the cause that made people move to their own blogs.