[Haskell-cafe] Help wanted with Wiki.Haskell.Org

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Tue Apr 21 09:28:51 UTC 2015

Gershom wrote:
> ...the HaskellWiki ...requires care and maintenance
> and contributions from all of us.

I replied to this in the reddit thread at:

http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/339qxm/haskellcafe_help_wanted_with_wikihaskellorg/

Short summary:

> 1) Account Creation Management

I believe we should migrate off of MediaWiki which would,
among other benefits, make ACM unnecessary. But if we
don't do that, I volunteer to be on the list of responders
for this. But on condition that I don't become the only
active responder, which is what ended up happening
with community.haskell.org.

> 2) Technical and design oversight

We should focus that effort on migrating the wiki to a
modern markdown-based wiki, such as a github wiki,
not on legacy MedaWiki administration.

> 3) Content curation

I think the real problem here is that much of the community
either doesn't know about the wiki or has forgotten about it.
If we make the wiki more visible and get more buzz about
it, then people will use it. And if they use it, they will also
update it.

Thanks,
Yitz