[Haskell-cafe] Scala at position 25 of the Tiobe index, Haskell dropped

Christopher Allen cma at bitemyapp.com
Fri Apr 17 18:29:20 UTC 2015

I work with a lot of Haskell beginners and the Cabal problems went away
when sandboxes were added to Cabal and the learners started using a sandbox
for every project.

I've only seen a handful (one hand, 5 fingers) of problems since then that
weren't attributable to, "wasn't using a sandbox". Of those, about half
were the user doing something uncommon/unusual.

I have a tutorial here http://howistart.org/posts/haskell/1 which among
other things, covers the basics of using sandboxes.

Library maturity is my only worry with production Haskell. Not enough
eyeballs and all that. It's not enough to stop me or my colleagues using it
in production though. I can fix libraries, I can't fix Scala.