[Haskell-cafe] Scala at position 25 of the Tiobe index, Haskell dropped

Joe Hillenbrand joehillen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 18:21:57 UTC 2015

> On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 6:21 AM, Gregory Guthrie <guthrie at mum.edu> wrote:
>
> And in my experience the cabal problems are the "fatal-flaw";

Big +1 here. Cabal is the biggest thing keeping me from aggressively
promoting Haskell in industry. The risk of promoting Haskell now is
that people will try out Haskell, hit a cabal issue, give up, and then
form a bad opinion of Haskell because of it.

There is saying "If a user has a bad experience, that's a bug."

I've been patiently awaiting the Backpack overhaul before promoting
Haskell in the workplace. [1]

[1] https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Backpack