[Haskell-cafe] Recognizing projects schemes

Ruben Astudillo ruben.astud at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 03:50:40 UTC 2015

I recently came across the following blog-post:

http://blog.cleancoder.com/uncle-bob/2015/04/15/DoesOrganizationMatter.html

It speaks a bit of simplicity, efficiency and stuff that isn't
important. What is important at least to me was the concept of
project scheme, summarized on the following phrase:

``And so this gets to the crux of the question that you were really
asking. You were asking whether the time required to learn the
organization scheme of the system is worth the bother. Learning
that organization scheme is hard. Becoming proficient at reading
and changing the code within that scheme take time, effort, and
practice. And that can feel like a waste when you compare it to
how simple life was when you only had 100 lines of code.''

And that is something I totally struggle at approaching new
projects. The only reason I could understand XMonad for example is
because they gave a general overview (thanks) of it on the
Developing module.

I feel I got a problem of methodology.  What approaches are you
guys using to understanding new projects schemes on a efficient
manner? How long it usually takes you?. Any advices? Thanks in
advance.

--
Ruben Astudillo. pgp: 0x3C332311 , usala en lo posible :-)
Crear un haiku, en diecisiete silabas, es complica...