[Haskell-cafe] Multicast receiver thread fails to receive last few messages

Gregory Collins greg at gregorycollins.net
Tue Sep 23 16:46:56 UTC 2014

Since this is UDP, you may be overflowing your device queue. Linux
helpfully won't return ENOBUFS in this case but will instead just drop the
packet on the floor. The threadDelay fixes this by yielding the processor
so that the consumer thread can dequeue packets.

Gregory Collins <greg at gregorycollins.net>