[Haskell-cafe] cabal-install fails (osx 10.10)​

Adam Bergmark adam at bergmark.nl
Wed Sep 10 09:43:54 UTC 2014

Hi Michael,

It seems the consensus is that using homebrew to install GHC is a bad idea,
it causes problems and is not actively maintained. Instead I'd recommend
using either the Haskell Platform [1] or GHC for OS X [2], both include
more recent versions of GHC and cabal-install.

Cheers,
Adam

[1] https://www.haskell.org/platform/
[2] http://ghcformacosx.github.io/