[Haskell-cafe] cabal-install fails (osx 10.10)​

Michael Trotter spicydonuts at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 22:06:57 UTC 2014

I'm having trouble getting cabal-install to work.  I used homebrew (brew install cabal-install), which successfully installed the ghc dependency and then attempted to install cabal-install.  The problem looks like it's either with my ghc install or maybe an issue with cabal-install and osx 10.10.  This is my first haskell experience though, so I'm not really sure how to proceed.

Here's the console output:

setup: Error: Could not find module: Distribution.Compat.CreatePipe with any

suffix: ["dyn_hi"] in the search path: ["dist/build"]

Cabal-1.20.0.2 failed during the final install step. The exception was:

ExitFailure 1

cabal-install-1.20.0.3 depends on Cabal-1.20.0.2 which failed to install.