[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Ray Marching Distance Fields with Haskell and GLSL

Tim C. Schroeder tim at blitzcode.net
Thu Sep 4 09:33:19 UTC 2014

https://github.com/blitzcode/ray-marching-distance-fields

"This project is a Haskell and GLSL program containing my distance field / ray marching related
experiments. The Haskell viewing application is doing the pre-processing, functioning as a
development and debugging aid, allowing different shaders to be explored. It automatically reloads
and recompiles shaders when they change, showing an overlay displaying any errors. There's a
flexible frame buffer system, supporting under and super sampling and saving of screenshots. Tiled
rendering avoids shader timeouts and unresponsive UI. It also features offline convolution of
environment maps with a filter kernel to enable fast lighting of diffuse and glossy surfaces. Finally,
there's an implementation of the Mandelbulb fractal as well as several simpler ones like Mandelbrot
and Julia sets. There's some more functionality in the program, try it out and / or visit my website."

Cheers,
Tim