[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Aivika 1.4 - simulation library

David Sorokin david.sorokin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 16:14:46 UTC 2014

Hi Cafe,

I'm glad to announce version 1.4 of my simulation library Aivika.

The main improvement is that the main package aivika[1] contains a new module now, which is destined for simplifying an export of simulation results. Also the module can print in a text form the results of simulation. It recognizes queues, servers, arrival timers as well as references, variables and ordinary simulation variables. All this can help you to work on the simulation model directly from terminal if you like it, although, as before, my library provides powerful charting components that can automatically plot charts, save the CSV files, gather statistics, build histograms and unite them all in a single HTML file that can be then observed in your favorite Internet browser. I believe that all this must simplify much the process of modeling, simulation and analysis. At least, the deviation charts (using the rule of 3 sigma) cannot be underestimated as a tool of sensitivity analysis for the Monte-Carlo simulation.

Another improvement is that the main package aivika can be compiled to JavaScript with help of Haste. I didn't check yet how it works in the browser but the package itself can be installed with help of haste-inst. I think this is a very interesting direction as it allows creating online flight simulators using Aivika.

I hope you will find this information helpful.

Best regards,
David Sorokin

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/aivika