[Haskell-cafe] Domain specific error messages

Wojciech Danilo wojciech.danilo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 20:42:28 UTC 2014

Richard - did you think about some way of funding Haskell development? I
think a lot of people are talking about low people-hours spend on GHC, but
nobody ever told that a good solution here will be funding of its
development. We've got so many options here - dotations, companies, vc's,
community funding (maybe even kickstarter). You know, this would help MUCH
Haskell and overall - everyone from this community. But in general - people
are not working this way, that if somebody will tell - this is a good idea,
everybody woudl do it. I'm writing exactly to you, because you are somebody
very close to GHC and we all see, you "want" to do something good. Why not
get funding for Haskell and GHC? I would love to help, really - as much as
I can. But if everyone agree, we have to do something with it, as fast as
possbile, othercase, Haskell will slowly die - taking in consideration how
much moneyu is put in Scala, Go etc. These languages are getting better
everyday - and of course, they've got another asusmptions than the best
programming language I've been suing in my life, they have got many
man-hours more spend on development than we do.
What do you think?

All the best,
Wojciech