[Haskell-cafe] why is haddock so slow

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Fri Nov 7 23:48:33 UTC 2014

On 11/07/2014 05:44 PM, Johannes Waldmann wrote:

>> ... running profiled Haddock executable ...
>
> how exactly do I do this? I can build haddock like this:
>
> cabal install --enable-executable-profiling haddock
>
> and then, in my project,
>
> cabal haddock --haddock-options='+RTS -p -h -RTS'
>
> results in this error:
>
> haddock: dist/build/tmp-22236/src/Inter/Wert.hs:1:14-28: You can't use
> Template Haskell with a profiled compiler
>
> - J.W.

Ah, unfortunately it is what it says, you can't use TH in this scenario.
There is a workaround at
https://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/7.8.3/html/users_guide/template-haskell.html,
section 7.16.4, maybe it will work for you.

If it's possible to temporarily disable the TH in question (stick
undefined in place) then that might be easier although I don't expect
that's easily achievable, I think you mentioned ~800 modules.

--
Mateusz K.