[Haskell-cafe] OpenGL performance issue on OSX

Jason Dagit dagitj at gmail.com
Thu May 22 05:35:30 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 9:59 PM, Jason Dagit <dagitj at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 6:53 PM, Michael Baker <michaeltbaker at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I've added a VAO and reduced the inner loop to only a call to
>> glDrawArrays which renders 8000 triangles (24000 vertices). The gameFrame
>> function now benchmarks at ~86ms on my machine. I would expect it to be
>> ~16ms because of vsync. I've pared down the entire project into this
>> buildable cabal project of three files, most of which is OpenGL
>> boilerplate: https://github.com/MichaelBaker/haskell-opengl.
>>

> Awesome. Thanks! I'm taking a look now. I'll let you know if I figure out
> anything.

I only have access to windows at the moment and I'm getting a weird linker
error in bindings-GLFW when trying to build GLFW-b:

load package `bindings-GLFW-3.0.3.2'
ghc.exe: warning: _vsnprintf from msvcrt is linked instead of
__imp__vsnprintf
ghc.exe:
C:\Users\dagit\Documents\Repos\haskell-opengl\.cabal-sandbox\x86_64-windows-ghc-7.8.2\bindings-GLFW-3.0.3.2\HSbindings-GLFW-3.0.3.2.o:
unknown symbol `strdup'
Failed to install GLFW-b-1.4.6

I'll try on osx tomorrow.