[Haskell-cafe] Object oriented haskell.

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri May 16 05:19:03 UTC 2014

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 01:35:20AM +0200, Darren Grant wrote:
> Magnus, did you notice the Alan Kay quote that was generated for your sig?
> Serendipitous. :-)

Well spotted, I didn't notice it.  Serendipitous indeed!

> Haskell subsumes a great deal of semantics from many programming
> models.  This is not to say that it is necessarily a productive
> end-tool replacement, but many have discovered that it is a great
> language to build such tools with.

I'm convinced it IS a productive replacement in a surprising number of
cases.  It's just so irritating how entrenched the use of C/C++ is in
the circles I move :(

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have
C++ in mind.
     -- Alan Kay