[Haskell-cafe] ANN: hsqml-0.3.0.0 supports Qt 5

Robin KAY komadori at gekkou.co.uk
Sat May 10 09:33:12 UTC 2014

Dear Andrew,

On 09/05/14 16:42, Andrew Voron wrote:
[snip]
 > I've tryed to compile sample project on windows - it compiles good, but
 > outputs:
 >       Segmentation fault/access violation in generated code
 > when I'm trying to start executables.

As described in the installation section on my web-site [1], this
problem is most likely caused by an incompatibility between the MinGW
tool-chains shipped with the Haskell Platform and with the Qt binaries.
In fact, writing that in the docs was probably too coy, as the latest
Haskell Platform and the latest official Qt SDK for Windows will not
work together. In the past, this was not the case but the respective
copies of MinGW/gcc must now be too far out of step with each other.

A relatively simple fix I have found to work is to modify the GHC
settings file to point to the version of gcc.exe inside the Qt SDK
distribution rather than GHC's. Otherwise, you could build your own Qt
binaries using GHC's MinGW but that is rather more involved.

[1] http://www.gekkou.co.uk/software/hsqml/#installation

Regards,

--
Robin KAY