[Haskell-cafe] ANN: hsqml-0.3.0.0 supports Qt 5

Robin KAY komadori at gekkou.co.uk
Mon May 5 09:59:17 UTC 2014

Dear All,

I would like to announce version 0.3.0.0 of the HsQML graphics library,
a Haskell binding to the Qt Quick framework.

The library allows you to write graphical applications where the
front-end is written in Qt Quick's QML language (incorporating
JavaScript) and the back-end is written in Haskell. The two layers are
coupled together via a facility to define custom JavaScript objects
through which QML code can call into Haskell and vice versa.
Documentation including a brief tutorial is available on my web-site [1].

HsQML requires an installation of Qt 5 (including Qt Quick) present on
your path. This is the first release to support Qt 5 and it has been a
much requested feature. Several other new features are also introduced
in this release, including support for marshalling lists and signalling
property notifications. For more information, please see the release
announcement [2].

The release is available for download from Hackage [3] along with a demo
application implementing Nine Men's Morris [4] and some other sample
programs [5]. Linux, Windows, and Mac OS platforms should all be supported.

[1] http://www.gekkou.co.uk/software/hsqml
[2] http://blog.gekkou.co.uk/2014/05/hsqml-0300-released-now-with-qt-5.html
[3] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hsqml-0.3.0.0
[4] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hsqml-demo-morris-0.3.0.0