[Haskell-cafe] How to obtain an expression type in a GHC compiler plugin?

J. Stutterheim j.stutterheim at me.com
Fri Mar 21 10:16:14 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm trying to familiarise myself with writing GHC compiler plugins, but the GHC API is rather overwhelming, hence my question here.

During compilation, I'm trying to determine whether a top-level function in my program has a certain type. Initially, if this is the case, I just want to print the function name. For me to do this check, I have to obtain the type for each top-level function. How can I achieve this? I already have a plugin with which I can print the name for a Bind, so I'm mainly interested in knowing how to obtain its type.

Cheers,

Jurriën