[Haskell-cafe] Yi project proposal for GSOC 2014

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 08:04:03 UTC 2014

I should point out that the ways Vim and Emacs (and others like Sublime /
Textmate) do those plugins is they often run them in a subprocess.

Now i agree that having in process multi threading would be a good thing, I
merely point out that there are ways to add the plugins you outline that
need not depend on fully resolving the concurrency story.

Yes, not calling a subprocess and stuff will be much better, just pointing
out there are *ungodly* but feasible alternative hacks.

:)
-Carter