[Haskell-cafe] Yi project proposal for GSOC 2014

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Mon Mar 10 16:05:33 UTC 2014

On 10/03/14 15:58, Daniel Trstenjak wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 11:41:57AM -0400, mantkiew at gsd.uwaterloo.ca wrote:
>> Yes, absolutely. What I meant was that having Yi used in Leksah could
>> provide more momentum for development. ‎I didn't mean to merge
>> the two projects into one.
>
> But then you would have to write an interface between Yi and Leksah
> and these kind of big interfaces IMHO never really work that well.
>
> I think it makes more sense to have libraries which are shared
> by Yi and Leksah, which could also be used by other applications
> and therefore are a bigger win for the whole Haskell ecosystem.
>

> Greetings,
> Daniel

Actually, I hear that it's possible to embed Yi inside of Leksah. I have
never tried Leksah out but perhaps that's more of what you're after.

But yes, generic libraries (that can be used by Yi and Leksah) are
certainly a thing that gets written while implementing something (at
least from my experience). It is listed as one of the benefits. It's a
nice side effect I suppose.

--
Mateusz K.