[Haskell-cafe] [jhc] [Rejected Paper] Experience Report: Writing NetBSD Sound Drivers in Haskell

Kiwamu Okabe kiwamu at debian.or.jp
Wed Jun 11 00:03:38 UTC 2014

Hi Henning,

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 6:33 AM, Henning Thielemann
<schlepptop at henning-thielemann.de> wrote:
> Since you are concerned with low-level Haskell programming, what do you
> think about the Reduceron project? I also wondered whether it would be
> possible to teach functional programming to processors with customizable
> machine code like the Transmeta processors. I don't know whether comparable
> projects are still alive.

http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/fp/reduceron/

Oh, I hasn't know it. Thank's.
I am not good to talk about HDL.
However,a part of  jhc's runtime can be designed with HDL, perhaps.

Main part of jhc's runtime is GC.
The GC clears bit marking array before marking.
The clearing can be executed by HDL in parallel.

Regards,
--
Kiwamu Okabe at METASEPI DESIGN