[Haskell-cafe] Announcement: Bang, a drum DSL for Haskell

Benjamin J Kovach bkovach5 at uga.edu
Mon Jun 9 21:06:51 UTC 2014

Hi haskell-cafe,

I've been working on "Bang" on and off for about a month or two now, and finally thought it was "good enough" to open-source and show to the public! I've been having fun with it, and hopefully some of you will, too. It currently supports basically all of the primitive transformations that I could think of doing on a drum sequence, such as reversing, mirroring, changing duration and tempo. There are a bunch of operators built in that make it easy to write things like polyrhythms, and infinite sequences of notes are possible as well.

The source code and basic tutorial are up on Github: https://github.com/5outh/Bang

And the package + more detailed documentation is up on Hackage: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/Bang

Let me know if you have any questions, comments, and/or suggestions. I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!

5outh?