[Haskell-cafe] improved jhc manual

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Wed Jun 4 01:29:26 UTC 2014

Hi all, I just wanted to show off the new jhc manual
http://repetae.net/computer/jhc/manual.html

If anyone has any feedback, that would be great, even better would be
patches of course :) Manual writing is not my strong point.

The entire manual is in the darcs repo as markdown formatted files or
as literate code embedded in the source files.

Something I need to figure out is how to get haddock to not barf on
jhc's input files. A problem with haddock is that it tries to
replicate ghc's module chasing algorithm and falls down when anything
is slightly off, jhc's ability to handle recursive modules throws it
for a loop. Now I can easily get jhc to spit out fully resolved module
names, it does so with the --annotate-source option, but need some
sort of hook into haddock saying "don't try to resolve module names,
here they all are."

Even haddock just having a 'keep going' option would be great to get
something out there. Or even improving haddock to handle recursive
module imports.

    John

--
John Meacham - http://notanumber.net/