[Haskell-cafe] HTTP/2 implementation?

Kazu Yamamoto (=?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCOzNLXE9CSScbKEI=?=) kazu at iij.ad.jp
Sat Jul 26 01:45:41 UTC 2014

Hi Ben,

> I've forked your HTTP/2 package and implemented the HTTP/2 frame
> parsers along with some basic checks using draft14. While having
> Warp support it would definitely help, I'm actually planning on
> implementing a complete HTTP/2 proxy (HTTP/2 from clients,
> consolidated down to multiple HTTP/2 connections to backend app
> servers).

I would be nice if we can work together.

Mighty is a web server based on Warp. Currently, Mighty implements
reverse proxy only. I'm planning to implement (forward) proxy and
supports HTTP/2 in forward/reverse proxy.

> This type of work requires rather direct access to the entirety of
> the frame processing and stream handling aspects, while I'd imagine
> Warp would generally only expose a WAI interface.

I don't understand this problem yet due to the lack of experience. But
if direct access is really necessary, you can propose to extend WAI.

I think that web-devel at haskell.org is a proper place to discuss this.

--Kazu