[Haskell-cafe] HTTP/2 implementation?

Ben Bangert ben at groovie.org
Fri Jul 25 16:50:28 UTC 2014

On Jul 22, 2014, at 12:19 AM, Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦) <kazu at iij.ad.jp> wrote:

> This package implements HPACK only at this moment.  I'm planning to
> implement HTTP/2 itself soon and integrate it into Warp.
>
> HTTP/2 is at the stage of IETF working group last call. The specs are
> being dynamically changed. For instance, it is just decided to remove
> referense set from HPACK finally.

I've forked your HTTP/2 package and implemented the HTTP/2 frame parsers along with some basic checks using draft14. While having Warp support it would definitely help, I'm actually planning on implementing a complete HTTP/2 proxy (HTTP/2 from clients, consolidated down to multiple HTTP/2 connections to backend app servers).

This type of work requires rather direct access to the entirety of the frame processing and stream handling aspects, while I'd imagine Warp would generally only expose a WAI interface.

I'm a bit new to Haskell yet, so any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Ben