[Haskell-cafe] Making the Haskell 2010 report latex repo

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Thu Jul 3 22:31:54 UTC 2014

On 4/07/2014, at 3:03 AM, Christopher Done wrote:

> It seems that the hyperindexformat in haskell.ind is generated.

Well, yes.  That much was obvious.

> If I edit the file as you wrote and do make clean && make, the file is modified back to using \".

When I said 'change that line', I didn't have manual editing in mind.
I meant to insert a step in the Makefile that runs ed(1) to patch the
output of the indexing program.

It would be better to trace back and find out _why_ this is being
generated.  There would appear to be four pages where the
corresponding TeX input asks for " to be indexed; changing that
to index double quote instead would be another short term fix.