[Haskell-cafe] ANN: castle 0.1.0.0

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 04:05:02 UTC 2014

On 16 January 2014 14:31, Eric Rochester <erochest at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's one use case that I've used some.
>
> Another motivation has been to make it easier and faster to get started on a
> new project. I may want to do a relatively small web app or command-line
> utility. It shouldn't take long. But if I require any of a number of larger
> (but very useful) packages, then installing them into a new sandbox does
> take a while. This short-circuits that and lets me get started on the
> project itself almost immediately.
>
> After the project's going, I often find that I switch over to a sandbox in
> the project directory, but I can do that after I've moved on to another
> task.
>
> Basically it allows me to get started on a project very quickly while still
> having the benefits of sandboxes.

There's been a utility I've been thinking of since I started using
sandboxes (but haven't had enough of a need to write myself as yet):
to automatically do a "git pull", "darcs pull", etc. for  dependencies
if you're using "cabal sandbox add-source"  whilst developing based
upon packages from HEAD.

Would you consider adding such functionality to castle?