[Haskell-cafe] ANN: castle 0.1.0.0

Eric Rochester erochest at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 03:31:02 UTC 2014

That's one use case that I've used some.

Another motivation has been to make it easier and faster to get started on
a new project. I may want to do a relatively small web app or command-line
utility. It shouldn't take long. But if I require any of a number of larger
(but very useful) packages, then installing them into a new sandbox does
take a while. This short-circuits that and lets me get started on the
project itself almost immediately.

After the project's going, I often find that I switch over to a sandbox in
the project directory, but I can do that after I've moved on to another
task.

Basically it allows me to get started on a project very quickly while still
having the benefits of sandboxes.