[Haskell-cafe] Turning off warning in ghc-mod (in vim)

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Mon Jan 6 08:15:57 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 05, 2014 at 03:36:22PM +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
> On the command line I can do the following:
>
>   % ghc-mod check -g -isrc -g dist/build/autogen src/Main.hs | grep Top-level
>   Binary file (standard input) matches
>   % ghc-mod check -g -isrc -g dist/build/autogen -g -fno-warn-missing-signatures src/Main.hs | grep Top-level
>   %
>
> That is, there is no output on the second call, just as expected.
> However, I can't work out out to turn off the warning in Vim.  AFAIU
> the following should work:
>
>   g:ghcmod_ghc_options = ['-isrc', '-idist/build/autogen', '-fno-warn-missing-signatures']
>
> but it doesn't.  I'm obviously missing something, but what?

This was due to my confusion.  Once I realised that the markings in
Vim wasn't due to the ghc-mod.vim, but due to syntastic it became a
lot easier to fix my configuration.

In short

   g:ghcmod_ghc_options = ['-isrc', '-idist/build/autogen', '-fno-warn-missing-signatures']

works fine for controlling the GhcMod* commands.  To configure the
arguments syntastic pass to ghc-mod use this:

    g:syntastic_haskell_ghc_mod_args = '-g -fno-warn-missing-signatures'

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will
convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it
would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
     -- Lyndon Johnson