[Haskell-cafe] GHC 7.6.3 and Plugins 1.5.4.0

Fabian Bergmark fabian.bergmark at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 13:12:12 UTC 2014

Im using the plugins library and am unable get it to work with user
defined types. I.e. evaluating the string "id :: Int -> Int" works,
but "id :: Test -> Test" yield the runtime-error.

test: /tmp/MXXXXX27601.o: unknown symbol
`testdzm0zi0zi0_DataziTestD_zdfTypeableTestD_closure'

I have created a small compiling example of the bug here

https://github.com/fabianbergmark/plugins-bug

I have tried to move the data-type to a separate library without success.

Curiously, loading the library exposing the data-type in GHCi, and
running eval "id :: Test -> Test" works and yields the correct result.