[Haskell-cafe] Haskell-platform release information

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 15:46:23 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 10:31 AM, Obscaenvs <obscaenvs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 2014-02-19 15:55, Brandon Allbery a écrit :
> > I don't know why a general status update was not sent out or put on the
> > web, but a decision was reached to skip to the next normal release in
> > April. Xcode 5 and ghc 7.8 were part of it but not all of it; there were
> > also issues involving (insufficient testing of?) recent changes to aeson
> > and text and how they impacted other packages in the Platform, IIRC.
>
> Thank you for the answer! Should I interpret this as 2014.2.0.0 being
> postponed? In that case 2013.4.0.0 is skipped altogether...or?

2013.4.0.0 was completely skipped. The next normal release would be
2014.2.0.0 by recent timing (the slots for the others are reserved but not
generally used); beyond that you probably want to ask for something
official (and for them to make a public announcement...) on the
libraries at haskell.org list.

(Also please note, I am not involved with the libraries or HP process, I'm
just relaying what I recall reading. Check libraries at haskell.org archives
or ask there for the real story.)