[Haskell-cafe] GHC 7.6.3 (and others) hashes

Alexander Solla alex.solla at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 05:11:31 UTC 2014

Hi everybody,

I'm building up a body of SaltStack "states" for developing with and
running Haskell web-apps.  Since I am hoping my project will go big (don't
we all?) I'm hoping to do things right, the first time (up to the
constraints of marginal costs...)

So, to that end, I'm trying to go a little overboard on the systems
security front, since the costs are so low.

Is there any where I can find SHA hashes for the official GHC builds?  In
particular, I'm looking for a hash for the file located at:

https://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/7.6.3/ghc-7.6.3-x86_64-unknown-linux.tar.bz2

I suppose downloading via an encrypted http connection goes a long way to
mitigate MITM, etc.  And I realize that long term, I'll want to host my own
copy (and I will).  But that is quickly sliding up the cost curve.  Plus, I
won't know if the copy I host will be okay unless I get the hash from a
trusted source.

Is there some place to get that hash?

Thanks!