[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Simon Marlow & Edward Kmett @ ZuriHac 2014

Bas van Dijk v.dijk.bas at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 16:47:41 UTC 2014

On 14 February 2014 17:06, Mateusz Kowalczyk <fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk> wrote:
> I see the linked Wiki page with some brief directions to Zurich Youth
> Hostel but no mention why they are there. Is that where attendees are
> meant to stay? Is there a reason for that particular place?

Hi Mateusz,

Good point. I should probably remove the link to the Zurich Youth
Hostel. We had an arrangement with them for ZuriHac 2013 which allowed
Haskellers to stay in one big room together. In the end, hardly
anybody made use of the hostel and instead stayed in hotels in/near
the center of Zurich.

> I'm just a bit confused about its mention out of nowhere. It'd be great
> if the page could be updated to outline some accommodation advice for
> those traveling from over-seas.

I think it's not hard finding accommodation in Zurich but I'll put up
some advice on the wiki.

See you in Zurich :-)

Bas