[Haskell-cafe] Master's Thesis: Open areas of research in Haskell

Kim-Ee Yeoh ky3 at atamo.com
Mon Feb 10 06:32:26 UTC 2014

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 9:50 AM, Tyler Huffman <tyler.huffman at tylerh.org>wrote:

> I've seen the Internship opportunities and areas of research for GHC (
> https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Internships) but they all seem to
> apply to Ph.D candidates.

I wouldn't worry about these restrictions, they aren't set in stone. It's
better to look at the slate of people (and what they've done, not their
paper qualifications) who have actually gotten in previously to get a sense
of the benchmark.

If you've hacked GHC in interesting ways before applying, you'll definitely
turn heads.

> That said, are there open areas of research that I could look into

Skim the titles of previous years ICFP and Haskell Symposium proceedings.
Read the abstracts. Look at the references. Does anything strike the eye?

-- Kim-Ee