[Haskell-cafe] Master's Thesis: Open areas of research in Haskell

Tyler Huffman tyler.huffman at tylerh.org
Mon Feb 10 02:50:55 UTC 2014

Hello all!

Beginning in September, I'll begin my Master's program in Computer Science,
and I'm completely set on doing my thesis in some form of functional
programming and/or Haskell. I've seen the Internship opportunities and
areas of research for GHC (https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Internships)
but they all seem to apply to Ph.D candidates.

That said, are there open areas of research that I could look into, or more
resources in Haskell that would be useful for a two-year program's
research? I'm hoping to have a set thesis by the time I begin my Master's
program, which is why I'm giving myself six months in advance.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Regards