[Haskell-cafe] Thr Neat templating system

Alvaro J. Genial genial at alva.ro
Thu Feb 6 07:59:50 UTC 2014

Howdy,

I wrote a template system that I've used in a few personal projects and I
thought it might be worth it to clean the core of it up a bit and show it
to the world. I named it `neat`, for no other reason than I found it so;
you can find the sources, an explanation of how it works and basic
instructions on how to try it and experiment with it here:

  https://github.com/ajg/neat

>From the synopsis:

"Neat is a slightly unusual templating tool that does not interpret
templates at runtime; rather, it compiles templates statically from the
source (input) language into the target (output) language. In that sense
neat can be thought of as a very flexible preprocessor masquerading as
something fancier. Of course, the result can then be embedded or compiled
directly in order to accept arbitrary data at runtime and transform it as
desired, dynamically."

I haven't released it as a proper package because I don't know whether
it'll be useful; for now it's just a pet project; it is MIT-licensed. I'd
like to get your ideas, suggestions, criticism, and other feedback.

Thank you,

Alvaro
http://alva.ro