[Haskell-cafe] FRP Tutorial

Heinrich Apfelmus apfelmus at quantentunnel.de
Wed Dec 24 13:33:52 UTC 2014

Max Voit wrote:
> Heinrich Apfelmus wrote:
>
>> As for reactive-banana-wx: There's a reason I started Threepenny. :)
>
> Regarding this issue: Could you please clarify this (ideally on the
> threepenny and reactive-banana github pages)? I have looked into these
> projects from time to time and was quite confused by all the dependency
> changes (threepenny being now standalone without relation to
> reactive-banana, if i understood correctly). I guess a clear note would
> be helpful to a lot of people looking for a FRP library.

Well, there are FRP (functional reactive programming) libraries and
there are GUI (graphical user interface) libraries. While the two go
well together, these are really two separate concepts. Which one of the
two are you looking for?

   reactive-banana    = FRP only
   reactive-banana-wx = connects a GUI library and an FRP library
   threepenny         = mainly GUI, but includes a small FRP part

I will try to make the distinction more clear on the project homepage
(to which the github pages link), but I can't guarantee that there will
be less confusion for people who are completely new to these ideas.

Best regards,
Heinrich Apfelmus

--
http://apfelmus.nfshost.com