[Haskell-cafe] Building fresh cabal-install on raspberry-pi

Chris Wong lambda.fairy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 09:49:15 UTC 2014

Hi Konstantine,

You're experiencing a phenomenon commonly known as "dependency hell".
The usual and most straightforward solution is to nuke ~/.cabal and
~/.ghc and reinstall.

In the future, you should aim to install as many packages as possible
in one go, so that Cabal can ensure they work together up front. Also,
if you have multiple projects going, consider using Cabal sandboxes to
keep them separate.

These links might help:
* https://cdsmith.wordpress.com/2011/01/17/the-butterfly-effect-in-cabal/
* http://www.vex.net/~trebla/haskell/sicp.xhtml